Date night… one of our favorite parts of the week! It can be so easy to just coast through the week with your significant other and forget to truly connect on a deep heart level and just have fun with one another. Louis and I intentionally carve out time throughout the week to simply enjoy one another’s presence without any distractions & we want to encourage you to do the same!
Not sure what to do for your next date night? We’ve got you covered! The idea and possible expectations of date night might be stressful for some, so we’ve gathered 10 unique and inexpensive date night ideas! Over the past year, the pandemic has really shifted how and where we spend our time, making for interesting and innovative date ideas between couples. Louis and I are big fans of intentional time spent together, so these suggestions truly came right from our hearts. We are wishing you all happy, joy-filled time spent together (while also saving a dime or two.)
- Visit a museum! Our first date was actually at an art museum! It’s such a fun, romantic atmosphere where you can feel inspired and also have meaningful conversations. Many museums have discounted tickets or free passes, so make sure to check this out for an art-inspired date.
- Go thrifting together! Make an outfit or two or even just wander around the thrift store. Keep an eye out for a one-of-a-kind piece that you can remember finding together or maybe even wear on your next date!
- Have an outdoor movie night. A cheap white sheet, projector, comfy pillows and popcorn in your own backyard = the perfect + cozy night for
- Take a cooking class! While there will be some sort of fee associated with this kind of date idea, chances are you’ll be able to keep the recipes, the skills, and also enjoy a meal that you made together.
- Indulge in a picnic at the park. Charcuterie board, a few beverages, and a sunny day. This is a simple and laid back date that is perfect for the warmer days ahead.
- Start a “Book Club.” Choose a book to read with your significant other and plan to chat over this (take-out dinner + a bottle of wine included!)
- Go to a karaoke night! Even if you can’t hold a tune, you’ll have the time of your life. Maybe even bring along other couples for a double date night.
- Go stargazing. Grab a blanket, drive away from the city and lay out under the stars.
- Rent a canoe or paddle board and have a little outdoor adventure, if you live near a lake of course!
- Hit up a local arcade! Bring quarters and have fun playing your favorite childhood/retro games that will surely bring some nostalgia!